Flannel is a very good thermal fabric, usually made into pajamas and quilts, flannel made of pajamas is very warm, winter wear, very good, and flannel made of sheets is very resistant to cold, very comfortable in the winter cover, there are also some people in the room is to use flannel sheets, can prevent catching cold. So what are the specific features of flannel? And how much is it? Today to learn about flannel knowledge.
Flannel fabric is a kind of coarse spun wool fabric covered with rich and dense pile on the surface, and the raw material is mainly mixed color coarse combed wool yarn. It has a delicate and soft hand-feel and excellent warmth retention performance, which is widely used in spring and autumn clothing, pants, tops, children's clothing, and other industries.
Wool flannel for suits is mainly divided into worsted flannel and woolen flannel, and whichever flannel it is, it has a common feature that the surface is brushed to a layer of fleece, and it is because of this fleece that it is called flannel.
In addition to the flannel to bring a "gentle" touch, the fleece can also allow the air to stay between the fleece, thus separating the cold air from the outside, to achieve a good warmth effect.
You can find a variety of beautiful Flannel Fabric Products Here. Whether you want to make warm and cozy pajamas, soft blankets, or fashionable apparel, we have the Flannel Fabric for you.
Flannel fabric is incredibly versatile and has a wide range of uses across various applications. Here are some common uses for flannel fabric:
1. Clothing: Flannel is commonly used to make warm and comfortable clothing items, such as:
- Flannel shirts
- Pajamas and sleepwear
- Jackets and outerwear
- Flannel-lined jeans and trousers
- Baby clothing
2. Bedding: Flannel is a popular choice for bedding due to its warmth and softness:
- Bed sheets
- Duvet covers
- Blankets and throws
- Crib sheets
3. Home Decor: Flannel can be used to create cozy and stylish home decor items:
- Curtains and drapes
- Tablecloths and table runners
- Decorative pillows and cushion covers
- Upholstery covers
4. Crafts and DIY Projects: Flannel is a favorite fabric for crafters and DIY enthusiasts:
- Quilting projects
- Sewing crafts like stuffed animals and plush toys
- Appliqué work
- Holiday decorations
5. Accessories: Flannel is used to make a variety of accessories for both fashion and functionality:
- Scarves and shawls
- Gloves and mittens
- Headbands and ear warmers
- Handbags and tote bags
6. Lining Material: Flannel is often used as a lining material to add warmth and comfort to various items:
- Lining for jackets and coats
- Lining for boots and slippers
- Lining for pet beds
7. Cleaning and Polishing: In some cases, flannel is used as a soft and absorbent material for cleaning and polishing surfaces, such as glass and musical instruments.
8. Medical and Baby Care: Flannel is used in medical applications for items like surgical gowns and baby care products such as cloth diapers and burp cloths.
9. Costumes: Due to their softness and availability in various colors and patterns, flannel is used to create costumes for theatrical productions, cosplay, and Halloween.
Flannel's popularity stems from its warmth, soft texture, and versatility, making it suitable for a wide range of projects and applications, particularly those requiring comfort and coziness.
(1) The bright appearance of flannel is one of the reasons for its enduring. Whether it is made into a suit, jacket or shirt, the style can be professional or casual. Flannel's rich colors and patterns can meet the individual needs of different men.
(2) Flannel has good dye ability with excellent decorative effect. After loose fiber dyeing process, it can form many colors including light gray, medium gray, dark gray cream, light coffee, etc.
(3) The most important feature of flannel is the fine and uniform pile on the surface. Clothing and home bedding made of this fabric have a good warmth effect. Compared with other surface pile fabrics, the feel is more delicate and the surface flatness is higher. In addition, flannel has both beautiful color and luster, and also has plain and simple patterns and designs, which can bring different enjoyment to life. However, the production process of flannel is complex, so the cost is high, the market price is relatively expensive.
Woven flannel can be used to make suits, jackets, etc. Thin ones can be used as shirts and skirts.
Knitted flannel can be used for casual jackets, bedding, pajamas, quilts, blankets, etc.
Large quantity of fabric can be purchased directly from the factory at affordable price, and also can be customized for specifications and colors. Small quantity can be purchased from wholesalers for stock with low MOQ, large variety, good quality and reasonable price.
The price of woven flannel is higher, especially the composition with wool. The price is up to more than 100 RMB a meter.
Knitted flannel is generally composed of polyester with low cost. The price is about 20-30+ RMB a kilo.
What is flannel fabric made of? From the organizational structure: one is woven flannel which generally have color woven and plain. The other one is knitted flannel, which can be made into plain and printed. They can also do embossing and other post-processes to increase the added value of the product.
1. Cotton Flannel Fabric: Cotton flannel is the most common type and is made from 100% cotton fibers. It is soft, breathable, and excellent for making comfortable clothing like pajamas, shirts, and sheets.
2. Printed Flannel Fabric: It is a thin, soft cotton fabric with striped patterns, such as pokemon flannel fabric, batman flannel fabric, cowboy flannel fabric. Often used to make summer clothing, homewares, decorations, etc.
3. Stretchy Flannel Fabric: Stretchy flannel fabric is a fabric with soft texture and certain stretchability. Typically made from cotton or a blend, it has the warm feel of flannel but has added elastic fibers such as spandex to increase the stretch and comfort of the fabric. This fabric is often used to make comfortable casual clothing, bedding, and homewares.
4. Flannel Fleece Fabric: Flannel fleece is a plush, fuzzy variety of flannel, often used for blankets, throws, and cozy winter accessories.
5. Baby Flannel Fabric: Baby flannel is a softer, lightweight flannel ideal for making baby clothing, swaddle blankets, and receiving blankets.
6. Quilting Flannel Fabric: Quilting flannel is specifically designed for quilting projects. It's often lightweight and easy to work with when creating quilts.
7. Plaid Flannel Fabric: Plaid flannel is a popular patterned variety of flannel fabric, featuring various checkered or tartan designs. It's used for shirts, scarves, and other fashion items.
8. Woolies Flannel Fabric: Wool flannel is crafted from wool fibers, making it warm, cozy, and ideal for colder climates. It is often used for winter clothing like suits, trousers, and outerwear.
9. Buffalo Check Flannel Fabric: This plush fabric boasts a classic black and white checkered pattern, offering a perfect blend of simplicity and boldness. Get creative and fashion an assortment of delightful crafts, including cozy blankets, decorative pillows, and festive stockings. You can also use it to create stylish shawls, comfortable pajama pants, or even plush home decor items.
10. Flannel Backing Fabric: It is often used to make household items such as blankets, sheets, and tablecloths. This fabric has a soft texture and warm feel and is usually made from cotton, polyester or blended materials with a layer of fleece attached to the back. This layer of fleece is designed to provide more comfort and warmth.
11. Flannel Shirting Fabric: Flannel shirting fabric is specifically designed for making shirts. It can come in various weights and is often brushed for added softness.
Where to buy flannel fabric? Looking for a trusted source to buy flannel fabric?
Look no further than G&F GROUP INC. With over 20 years of operational experience and strong partnerships with 100+ flannel fabric manufacturers and factories domestically, we've earned the trust and loyalty of our customers. Our robust supply chain services ensure you get the quality you seek. Contact us today to establish trust and inquire about our extensive flannel fabric options.
All Rights Reserved: https://www.groupgf.com/info-detail/flannel-fabric
Copyright Notice: This is an original (translated) article from G&F Group Inc., please indicate the source from G&F Group Inc.. If there is any infringement, please contact us first.